Who we are
Our Service is a native smartphone app with a Geotab add-in, and our website address is: https://walktab.com.
Data collected through your use of the WalkTab App.
By downloading and installing WalkTab onto your smartphone and configuring it to report to your own myGeotab database, you consent to share your data with Geotab and authorized Geotab account holders. WalkTab shares your location data with myGeotab and authorized users only during your Hours of Work. You may stop sharing your location data collection and sharing by uninstalling the WalkTab app.
The WalkTab app collects your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service, it is submitted to and stored in your employers’s myGeotab database.
Your location data collected from use of the WalkTab App is shared only with Geotab and authorized users – it is not shared directly with third parties for advertising or analytics purposes.
Data collected though the WalkTab website.
How we use your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
To access our Service, you will need to register with us on our website. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself including your name and email address, and, if you make a purchase with us, payment details). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Mobile Innovations Corporation to provide you with the WalkTab Service.
In addition, we may also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you contact the Mobile Innovations Corporation by telephone. Please note that calls to the Mobile Innovations Corporation may be recorded for security, training and development purposes.
If you choose to interact with Mobile Innovations Corporation via a social media platform or other third-party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform. We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Service, as described in the section headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect”, below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders and to provide after service care;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- send service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- send you marketing communications (including e-mails) relating to us and other third party partners in accordance with your communications preferences (please see the Editing or Deleting your personal information section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and as part of our efforts to keep our Platform secure; and
- understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
If you leave comments on the website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, as well as your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will be purged after one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we may set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies are active for two (2) days, and screen options cookies are active for one (1) year after which they expire. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one (1) day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this website may include embedded content (including videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites is treated as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
The rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this website, or have left comments, you may request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log in times and browser type. We may use this information to better understand how visitors use our Service as well as for internal reporting purposes.
While we do not share the data collected from you while you visit our website for advertising or analytics purposes, third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges may serve you with ads on their third party platforms after you leave our website and we may use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of third party platforms and viewing of ads and of our content.
Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which may be based on your visits to our website and other apps and websites you have visited.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You may opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioral ads by visiting the third-party websites described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies” above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third party’s opt-out options.
Sharing your information
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- to third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as online and other payments, processing credit card transactions and handling credit checks and fraud prevention;
- we may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about using our Platform, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably require access to it, to provide products or services to you or to do perform their duties. We have appropriate technical and organizational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
How to edit, delete or access your personal information
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask us not to send you direct marketing communications (however please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Mobile Innovations Corporation marketing e-mails.
GDPR states that a company may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given WalkTab your consent for processing personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to WalkTab is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing personal data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing personal data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by WalkTab.
In order to collect, use and process your personal data, we rely on the following legal bases as appropriate and relevant in the specific context:
- Performance of a contract.
- Legitimate interests.
Your rights within the EEA
We respect the confidentiality of your personal data. If you are within the EEA, you have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal data: The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you: You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to processing of your personal data: This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your personal data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your personal data: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data: We will provide to a third-party you have chosen your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Withdraw your consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the service.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail message our e-mail address below with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by e-mail, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83’s requirements.
The Platform is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 16, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you should not use the Platform and should not submit any personal information to us.
Mobile Innovations Corporation – Makers of the WalkTab App
5833 Marshall Rd.,
Niagara Falls, ON
+ 1 416 889 9997